Science fiction | Princess's Vengeance by Catherine Louisa Pirkis | Best...

"My gentle reader-start not at learning that I have been, in my time, a resurrectionist! Let not this appalling word, this humiliating confession, conjure up in your fancy a throng of vampire-like images and associatiors, or earn your "Physician's" dismissal from your hearts and hearths. It is your own groundless fears, my fair trembler! -your own superstitious prejudices-that have driven me, and will drive many others of my brethern, to such dreadful doings as those hereafter detailed. Come, come-let us have one word of reason between us on the abstract question-and then for my tale. You expect us to cure you of disease, and yet deny us the only means of learning how! You would have us bring you the ore of skill and experience, yet forbid us to break the soil or sink a shaft! Is this fair, fair reader? Is this reasonable? "

No comments:

Post a Comment